The Crown PCC-160 is a surface-mounted supercardioid microphone and an industry-standard for lecterns, conference tables, and news desks – wherever improved gain-before-feedback and articulation are important.
Unlike the PZM, the Phase Coherent Cardioid uses a subminiature supercardioid mic capsule. Its directional polar pattern improves gain-before-feedback, reduces unwanted room noise and rejects sounds from the rear. The mic capsule ensures phase coherency up to the highest frequencies, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response. Capable of withstanding up to 120 dB SPL with-out distorting, the PCC-160 will never overload in practical use. A “bass tilt” switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications. Thanks to its low profile and black finish, the microphone becomes almost invisible in use.
Crown PCC-160 Boundary Microphone Features:
- Supercardioid polar pattern rejects the pit orchestra when used on stage and offers an impressive gain before feedback
- Phase coherent cardioid design prevents coloration from surface sound reflections
- Finely crafted, rugged housing withstand the rigors of the stage
- Low profile to be inconspicuously placed on the stage-floor
- Industry standard stage-floor microphone